OnceUponForever

Once upon forever, In a land not far away, An old grandma newbie, Created a blog to say . . . Norvona: 1996

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

Sunday, June 18, 2006

A BLOG IS BORN

Once upon forever,
In a land not far away,
An old grandma newbie,
Created a blog to say . . .

Hi, I'm Norvona. "OnceUponForever" is the signature of a series of children’s picture books, which I have been working on for several years. It is also the way I begin every story I tell my grandchildren, and I have always liked the philosophy it implies.

Most likely these stories will never be published commercially, and are intended for my personal use only. I may however post them on this blog from time to time and will accept all comments in the spirit they are intended.

However, today I have set up this blog for another purpose, to post a movie/story I made using Microsoft PictureIt! Express 9 and my very first digital camera (so I am still very much learning how this whole digital thing works.) It also includes a poem I wrote especially for the photos and background music from the CD of Mendelssohn's Twelve String Symphonies.

The view was from my back deck this past Wednesday morning. I hope you enjoy it.
Norvona

PS: I haven't been able to find a way to download the movie directly to this blog. I have worked on it for hours, took a nap and tried again. My eyes are crossed and my IQ has dropped at least 25 points. So I have used 'yousendit' and hope that the link works. Looks as if you will have to do the copy/paste thing. Good luck. It certainly was easier to make the movie than to make it accessible. Could very well be a short 'movie career' for this 'Cecil B. DeMiles.'
Feb. 3, 2010....It's been a long time coming, but here at last is the video. I may try this again now that it is so easy. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger DellaB said...

Norvona... this is excellent... vision and music so set the scene... I kept waiting for shining knights on white horses to come galloping through... very visual, thanks.
Della

5:57 PM  
Blogger Barbee' said...

Norvona, it worked! Yaaa. Thanks for setting it right so I could enjoy the lovely experience. I loved your selection of music. The combination of that selection, the times of day viewed, the sensitive selection of photos, plus the technical ability to put it all together - I am so impressed! Like it? I LOVE it - made me think of the dawning of Creation. You are something! Keep up the great work.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Barbee' said...

Hello Norvona, I returned for another pleasant visit. Started at the top and read my way all the way down again. It's all still wonderful: writing, photos, everything! Will return from time to time. Now I'm headed toward your web site. Enjoyed my visit. Thinking of you.
B...........

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home