OnceUponForever

Once upon forever, In a land not far away, An old grandma newbie, Created a blog to say . . . Norvona: 1996

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

Monday, June 19, 2006

THUNDERSTORMS AND POETRY




We had a bit of a storm a couple of days ago, but a beautiful sunset followed. I made this collage from some of the pictures I took.

I love thunderstorms. One of the first poems I wrote as a teenager was "Nature’s Army."

First comes the rain,
A drop at a time,
Softening the ground,
For the army behind.

Next is the wind,
......................

Sorry, can’t remember the rest. I have an old yellowed copy of it somewhere. I’ll find it and finish posting it.

My mother who is 84 has written hundreds of poems and can remember almost all of them, word for word. I can’t remember the ones I wrote last week! The mind is a terrible thing to lose.

One of the projects that I have planned for this blog is a collection of family poems. My paternal grandmother wrote what she called ‘songs.’ They were poems that she sang in her rich Cherokee voice. She died at 93 and was sharp and witty almost to the end. She could remember her poems also...I must be the weak link!
Norvona

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Beautiful colage.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home