OnceUponForever

Once upon forever, In a land not far away, An old grandma newbie, Created a blog to say . . . Norvona: 1996

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

Friday, August 18, 2006

A LETTER TO MY GRANDCHILDREN

In a three-day time frame, I built my first web site, decided to delete it, reconsidered, and compromised by redoing it. It is now what I wanted from the beginning, a place to store my writings and photos. That isn’t entirely true. If that were the case, I would have a password and it would not be a public website. I do want to share what I have created with other people, I suspect most writers and photographers do. Still, there is more. In my heart of hearts I hope that wherever they are, Carl and LeAndra (two of my grandchildren) might happen onto the site and know that regardless of what they have been told, I am still alive and love them as much as ever. Also that theirUncle Dusty has offered many times to buy their plane tickets to come for a visit, but we've had no reply.

Not one day has passed since they were taken out of my life (three years ago this month) that I do not think about them and miss them. I hope they are happy and safe and loved...that they have remembered to ‘make lemon-aid’ whenever life has tossed them a lemon. (Kids, do you remember how we laughed about that to keep from crying when the court gave your dad custody?) I really don’t like lemon-aid anymore, how about you?

Carl, I know that you are driving now and I hope that you are careful and courteous on the road as well as in life. May your dreams of college come true and some day we will visit the beautiful buildings you design and laugh about the flower box and ‘chair’ you built from scrap lumber that last summer we were a family. Always treat people fairly and expect only from them, what you are willing to give in return.

LeAndra, how is it possible that you are fifteen? Wasn’t it only yesterday that you were a skinny long-legged little girl gathering up the stray cats and dogs in the neighborhood? I believe it was questionable sometimes as to just how ‘stray’ they were. Please follow through with your plans to be a veterinarian. You have the intelligence and the heart and you have so much more to give the world than children. Not that I am apposed to having great-grandchildren ___ someday.

We had ten wonderful years together . . . well, some good and some bad. Never forget that I love you and always will, regardless of time or the distance between us. Nothing, and no one, can ever change that. Remember the Christmas I gave each of you keys to the house on dream catcher key chains? The card that came with it said:

Home is where the heart is,
A saying, oh so true.
You are always in my heart,
And my heart is always with you.

This is still true today. Keep it close to your hearts with the memories we share, until we can be together again. No matter where I am . . . no matter how much times goes by . . . my home will always be your home.
Love you both forever,
Grandma

The link to my website is: http://home.earthlink.net/~norvonaj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home