OnceUponForever

Once upon forever, In a land not far away, An old grandma newbie, Created a blog to say . . . Norvona: 1996

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

Monday, August 28, 2006

OKLAHOMA RAIN

Oklahoma received some much needed rain this past weekend and I took lots of pictures.

Regardless of how hard I tried or how patient I was, lightening just didn’t seem to strike twice for my camera.
I did get this horizon lightening glow shot, but even during a spectacular show after dark of almost constant lightening, I could not capture another strike. Ah, no matter.

In Oklahoma there is always another thunderstorm.




LIGHTENING GLOW ON THE HORIZON.

THIS HAWK (I BELIEVE) COULDN'T DECIDE WHETHER TO SEEK SHELTER OR STAY FOR THE RAIN.

THIS FLOCK OF BIRDS HEADED STRAIGHT INTO THIS STORM CLOUD...NOT WAITING FOR THE RAIN TO COME TO THEM, HUH?

The yard light added an ominouse look to these storm clouds as it grew draker.



THE SUN FOUGHT VALIANTLY... BUT LOST....FOR NOW...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

We've been having some glorious, well-needed rain here where I live, too...I love the rain!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Hi Norvona, love all these lovely skyscape of yours, especially the one with the flock of birds. You've inspired me to see and enjoy the beauty in the skies and I've linked them in my blog: http://www.jaycjayc.com/look-and-see/ as my way of thanking you! Hope you don't mind.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home