OnceUponForever

Once upon forever, In a land not far away, An old grandma newbie, Created a blog to say . . . Norvona: 1996

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

THE LEAVES THEY ARE A' CHANGING!

We do not get the beautiful fall foliage in this part of Oklahoma that they do in the southeastern part of the state, and even there it is nothing like New England. Still the leaves are changing and falling fast. One good wind storm and the trees will be mostly bare. So today I took pictures of the changes, and tried to capture a couple of hawks gliding overhead. I also tried to get a photo of one of the 'leaf showers' that occurs sporadically, but it was hot outside and I have been 'sickly' for a few days and just not up to waiting around.

Now . . . all excuses made, here's what I DID get. LOL





5 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

You take wonderful pics, Norvona. I always like looking at them. I had a friend stay with me five years ago who was from Oklahoma. I'd met her through a 'chat room'....she came to Australia to meet up with a fellow in Melbourne, who promptly let her down. I'd been feeling a bit 'suspect' about the whole thing all along and gave her my phone number before she left the States, just in case something went askew. So she jumped on a flight to Queensland. I was living in Gympie at the time, so picked her up at the Brisbane airport and she spent ten days with me. Her broken heart and disappointment in men were mended somewhat and she saw a bit more of this country than she planned!

Sorry for the long spiel! ;)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

I love the density of those trees. They must be so pretty as the colour changes. Just think of all the leaves I could collect for my compost ... LOL.

7:10 AM  
Blogger DellaB said...

Hi Norvona, sorry to hear you haven't been well, we are just heading into our 'hot' days, and apparently we have 'el nino' which means hot and dry for summer.

Lovely photos ... thanks for sharing them

8:10 AM  
Blogger Norvona said...

I have SO neglected my blog lately! Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Lee, 'spiel' all you want. I love reading your comments. :-) Do you remember where in Oklahoma your friend was from? She was very lucky that you were there! I guess I just do not trust men enough, but I cannot see me going to meet one in another country...or even another state! Let him come to ME! :-)

............

Alice, if I could, I would gather them all up and send them to you!
:-) They are all over the place now, and because today is windy....more are falling. It is a 'leaf shower!' And I simply cannot capture it with my camera!! Is there a setting I'm not using or what? :-( I'll keep trying.

........

Della, here we are 'finished' with our hot days and you are just starting. :-) We are supposed to be back near 80 today, but then the rest of the week will be in the 50s by day and 30s at night. More like what it should be doing into November.

I hope you do not have the terrible heat wave that we had for our summer. Very, very much damage done with the heat and lack of rain. As much as I worry about getting out in the snow and ice, I am hoping we have a very wet winter!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Norvona said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home